Entry Level Technician
FAST is looking for a Entry-Level Technician who has beginning experience doing pre-wire, programming, servicing/troubleshooting, installing and/or terminating end devices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma,
Beginning working knowledge of personal computers.
Starts at $12/hour and can bring in up to $18/hour, depends on the applicants amount of experience.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers and the general public. Bi-Lingual is a plus (Spanish)
The work environment is at customer locations for industries ranging from office or retail establishments, warehousing, hotels, educational facilities, and manufacturing or industrial facilities, some residential, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform to assist with on-site routine maintenance and emergency service, including troubleshooting, repair and replacement of system equipment
• Must be able to work overtime and travel as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A professional appearance, good customer service & verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to get along well with others when working on team oriented projects
• A positive attitude and confidence with a “can do” approach
• A valid driver's license with a good driving record
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency
• As a plus - Knowledge of other low voltage systems including security, CCTV, access control and related systems
• Ability to lift/carry equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet and working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Punctuality with a willingness and ability to work outside normal business hours as needed
• Ability to handle physical workload
•Beginning working knowledge of test equipment such as: multi-meters, frequency meters, digital analyzers, decibel meters, communicating devices and battery analyzers.
Own your own basic hand tools
The physical requirements are consistent with light manual field labor and include regular:
• Standing, walking, turning, bending and twisting;
• Climbing (ladders); kneeling and crawling (to access tight spaces);
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs; pushing up to 100lbs;
• Sitting for long periods of time, including driving and/or flying;
• Use of hands/dexterity (grasping, handling, fingering); hand-eye and foot-hand-eye coordination;
• Visual acuity, depth perception (consistent with driving requirements and close-up work).